1. The “Grand Prix de la Beauté 2018” contest is administered by TVA Publications Inc. (ELLE QUÉBEC). Groupe TVA Publications Inc. is hereafter referred to as the “Contest Organizer.” The contest takes place in Canada starting October 4, 2018, and ending November 2, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET (hereafter referred to as the “duration of the contest”).
2. The contest is open to any resident of Canada having reached the age of majority in their province of residence. Employees, agents and representatives of Quebecor Media Inc., TVA Publications Inc. and Groupe TVA Inc., including their subsidiaries, related companies, divisions and subsidiaries, their advertising and promotional agencies, partners, participating merchants, prize, equipment, and service providers related to this contest, or of any other contributor directly linked to the contest, their family, legal or de facto spouse, and all other people domiciled with these employees, representatives and agents are not eligible to participate in the contest.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
3. To participate, visit the site www.ellecanada.com/contest/gpb2018.
NO PURCHASE REQUIRED. Enter the contest at the above-mentioned website (see
Article 3) between October 4, 2018, at 8 a.m. ET, and November 2, 2018, at 11:59 p.m. ET by completing the following steps:
Correctly complete the required fields; correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question. Click on the “Submit” icon in order to submit your electronic entry form by November 16, 2017, at 11:59 p.m. ET at the latest. You will automatically see a message confirming your participation in the contest. Participants must respect entry deadlines above. Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel entries received outside of the deadlines.
5. A total of ten (10) prizes will be awarded, each with a maximum value of $2210 (total value: $22,100). Each winner will receive one (1) prize consisting of:
Marcelle – CC Crème Correction Complète FPS 35
Guerlain – Météorites Baby Glow
Clarins – Fix’ Make-Up
Lise Watier – Teint Lumière Anti-cernes Perfection
Chanel – Palette Essentielle
L’Oréal Paris – Infallible The SuperSlim Liquid Eyeliner
Marcelle – Traceur liquide pour les yeux Précision
Lise Watier – Féline Eyeliner HD
Lise Watier – Havana Trio Highlighter
Sephora Collection – Mascara Longueur & Volume LashCraft
Zorah biocosmétiques – Mascara soin volumisant
Rimmel London – Palette d’ombres à paupières Magnif’eyes
Benefit Cosmetics – Crayon à sourcils Precisely, My Brow
Sephora Collection – Encre à lèvres crémeuse liquide
NARS – Pigment à lèvres Pur Mat
Sally Hansen – Vernis Miracle Gel
Joico – Fixatif de finition à séchage rapide Powerspray
Joico – Traitement lustrant et réparateur instantané K-PAK Color Therapy Luster Lock
L’Oréal Professionnel – Shampoing et revitalisant renforçateur Inforcer
Pureology – Shampoing et revitalisant Hydrate
René Furterer – Shampoing sublimateur et baume démêlant 5 Sens
Klorane – Shampoing sec à l’ortie
Moroccanoil – Concentré pour brushing
Dans un Jardin – Exfoliant au sucre Mirabella
OGX – Nettoyany pour le corps Shea Soft & Smooth
Aveeno – Lotion corporelle yogourt hydratation quotidienne vanille et avoine
Moroccanoil – Soufflé corps fragrance originale
Clarins – Baume lèvres réparateur Hydra-Essentiel
Institut Esthederm – Spray d’eau cellulaire
Clarins – Multi-Active Jour
IDC – Express 360
Clarins – Haut Exigence Nuit
Bioderma – Solution Micellaire Démaquillante Sensibio H2O
Sephora Collection – Super démaquillant yeux waterproof
Philosophy – Nettoyant exfoliant The Microdelivery pour le visage
Clarins – Doux Nettoyant Gommant Express
Clarins – Masque Multi-Régénérant
Klorane – Patchs lissants défatigants
Aveeno – Protect + Hydrate – Lotion FPS 30
Coola Suncare – Crème visage minérale FPS 30 teinte mate
Marcelle – Sérum énergisant NewAge UpLift
IDC – Boost Energy
Lancôme – Advanced Génifique
Estée Lauder – Advanced Night Repair
Clarins – Multi-Active Yeux
G.M. Collin – Contour des yeux Bota-Peptide
Bioderma – Hydrabio Gel-Crème
Charlotte Tilbury – Charlotte Tilbury’s Magic Cream
Clarins – Mission Perfection Sérum
Clarins Men – Nettoyant Exfoliant
Clarins Men – Shampooing Douche
Clarins Men – Rasage Idéal
CW Beggs and Sons – Hydratant Anti-Ride Défense
6. The following conditions apply to the prizes offered: (i) if the prize is not used in whole or in part, no compensation will be provided; (ii) the prize is not exchangeable, non-divisible and non-transferable; (iii) the prize must be accepted as is; (iv); the content of the beauty kit may vary (v); any expense or element not mentioned in the prize description is the responsibility of the winner; (vi) the winner will be notified by email.
7. The random draw will take place at the TVA Publications Inc. offices in Montreal on November 5, 2018, at 11 a.m. ET. The selection of ten (10) entries will be made from amongst all of the entries duly received as per Article 3 in order to award the abovementioned prizes.
8. Limit of one prize per person and per household. The odds that an entry will be selected at random depend on the total number of entries received in accordance with these Contest Rules.
9. In order to be declared a winner all selected participants must:
After receiving the duly completed and signed Declaration and Release Form, Contest Organizers will contact the winner to determine how the prize will be remitted (by courier or in person).
In the event that one of the abovementioned conditions or any other condition set out in these contest entry rules is not fulfilled, the selected entrant’s participation will be cancelled and a new random draw for the prize will be performed, in confirmation with these Contest Rules, until a participant can be selected and declared a winner. IF YOU CANNOT OR WILL NOT CONFORM TO THE ABOVEMENTIONED CONTEST RULES, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, PLEASE DO NOT PARTICIPATE IN THE CONTEST.
10. Verification: Entries are subject to verification by contest organizers. Entries that are incomplete, fraudulent, or late will automatically be rejected and will not be considered for a prize.
11. Non-compliant entries: Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person, or to cancel one or several entries from any participant in the contest or from someone who attempts to participate using a means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a way that would be unfair to other participants (for example, by using entries obtained from an unauthorized source, or by submitting entries that exceed the allowable number). Such an individual may be referred to the relevant legal authority.
12. Accepting the prize. All prizes must be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and cannot be transferred to another person, replaced with another prize, or be exchanged in whole or in part for any sum of money, subject to the terms described in the paragraph above.
13. Prize substitution. In a case where, for reasons unconnected with winners, the Contest Organizers cannot award a prize (or a portion of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or a portion of a prize) of the same type and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize (or a portion of the prize) indicated in the Contest Rules.
14. Prize refusal. A selected entrant’s refusal to accept a prize according to the methods described in these Contest Rules frees Contest Organizers of any obligation to such a person in relation to the prize.
15. Limit of responsibility—use of the prize. Any selected person undertakes to release from any responsibility Quebecor Media Inc., TVA Publications Inc. Groupe TVA Inc., their affiliated companies including their subsidiaries, related companies, divisions and subsidiaries, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives, from any damages they may experience through the acceptance and use of the prize. In order to be declared a winner and before receiving the prize, any selected person undertakes to sign, if required, a declaration to this effect.
16. Responsibility of the providers. Any person selected to receive a prize accepts that from the moment of receiving the letter confirming they will receive a prize, the execution of services related to this prize become the full and exclusive responsibility of the prize providers.
17. Limit of responsibility—operation of the contest. Quebecor Media Inc., TVA Publications Inc., Groupe TVA Inc. their affiliated companies including their subsidiaries, related companies and divisions, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives are freed of any responsibility whatsoever relating to the malfunction of any computer component, software or communication link with regard to any failed, incomplete, unreadable or deleted transmission by any computer or any network which could limit or prevent any person’s ability to participate in the contest. TVA Publications Inc., its affiliated companies including subsidiaries, related companies and divisions, its advertising and promotional agencies, its employees, agents and representatives are also released from any responsibility for any damage or loss that may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, by the downloading of any webpage, software or form and by the transmission of any information relating to participation in the contest.
18. Modification. Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their total discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest in whole or in part if an event, error, or any human intervention compromises or affects the administration, security, or fairness of the contest as presented in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if necessary. In such a case, Contest Organizers, affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies, and product or service providers related to the contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives cannot be required to award more prizes than indicated in these Contest Rules nor to award prizes other than those specified in these Contest Rules.
19. Inability to act—labour dispute. Quebecor Media, TVA Publications Inc., Groupe TVA Inc., their affiliated companies including their subsidiaries, related companies and divisions, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives are freed of any responsibility whatsoever if their inability to act results from a situation beyond their control, or due to strikes, lock-outs or any other labour conflicts in their establishment or in the establishment providing services used in the execution of this contest.
20. Limit of responsibility—participation. By participating or attempting to participate in this contest, all persons release the Contest Organizer, its affiliated companies including subsidiaries, related companies and divisions, its advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any responsibility or damage that may result from their participation or attempted participation in the contest.
21. Authorization. By participating in this contest, any winner authorizes Contest Organizers, their partners and representatives to communicate to the public and to use, if necessary or deemed appropriate, their first and last name, photograph, likeness, statement relating to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without any form of remuneration, at their sole discretion and without limitation with regard to the period of use, in any media worldwide, for the purposes of publicity or any other purpose deemed relevant.
22. Communication with participants. No communication or correspondence will be undertaken with participants in this contest except with those selected to receive a prize.
23. Decisions of the contest organizers. Any decision made by Contest Organizers or their representatives relating to this contest is final and binding, subject to any decision of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
24. Dispute. Any dispute relating to the organization or conduct of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. A dispute relating to the awarding of a prize can be submitted to the Régie solely for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
25. Identification of the participant. For the purposes of these rules, the participant is the person whose name appears on the entry form, and it is to this person or to the parent or guardian of this person, if necessary, that the prize will be awarded if he or she is selected as and declared a winner.
26. Language. In the event of any divergence between the English and the French versions of these Contest Rules, the French version shall prevail.
27. Precedence. If any article in these rules is declared or judged to be illegal, unenforceable, or invalid by a competent authority, it will be considered null and void, however all other articles will remain unaffected and will continue to apply, within the limits authorized by law.
28. Contest Rules. These are the official rules of the “Grand Prix de la Beauté 2018” contest. They are available on the contest entry website under the tab “Rules” located in the upper right section of the entry form.
29. Personal information. Personal information collected from participants in this contest is used solely for the purposes of contest administration. No business or other type of communication that is unconnected with this contest will be sent to participants by Contest Organizers, except where participants have authorized such communications from Contest Organizers, in this case TVA Publications and its subsidiaries, by clicking the acceptance box on the electronic entry form.