ELLE CANADA - OCEAN'S 8 - CONTEST
- The Elle Canada « Ocean’s 8 » contest is held by Groupe TVA. Groupe TVA is collectively hereinafter named: the “contest organizer”. The contest runs on ellecanada.com/contests from May 2nd, 2018 at 9h00 to May 30th, 2018 at 23h59 ET (hereinafter: the “contest period”). Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada, Inc is the prize provider. Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada, Inc. and its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Contest. By entering this contest, you agree to completely release Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada, Inc., and its parent, affiliates and subsidiaries from any liability.
- This contest open to legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec, 19 years of age and older. The following persons are excluded; employees, agents and representatives of Québecor Média inc., of Groupe TVA inc., of Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada, Inc, of their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, partners, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this contest, or any other party directly linked to the holding of this contest, or their brother, sister, children, mother, father, their legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled.
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase necessary. To participate in the contest, you simply must enter the contest by visiting www.ellecanada.com/contests. Go to the « Contest » section and click on the « OCEAN’S 8 » entry button in order to register. After, you can fill in the electronic entry form.
- Once you have accessed the electronic entry form make sure to indicate your exact personal information as follows: first name, last name, complete address with postal code. It is every participant’s responsibility to indicate a valid phone number where they can be reached between 9AM to 5PM during weekdays. You must also correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question without aid or assistance. Click on the Entry Button Erreur ! Signet non défini.in order to send your electronic entry form no later than May 30th , 2018 at 23h59 ET. Upon reception of your registration’s confirmation message, you will be automatically entered in the contest. Cookies must be accepted to participate in the contest.
Entrants must respect the following limits, otherwise the contest organizers reserve the right to cancel one or several of their entries:
- One participation per person per day during the contest period;
- A person cannot register more than one e-mail address per person, in the case where a person has more than one;
- A person entering more than once a day or using multiple email addresses will be automatically removed from the ballot list;
- The following prizes are offered:
- One (1) grand prize winner will receive a trip for two (2) to the screening of Ocean’s 8 in Toronto between June 5 and 7, 2018. The grand prize consists of: (i) two (2) roundtrip economy airline tickets for the winner and one (1) companion via a prize provider -selected air carrier(s) from a major airport selected by the prize provider in its sole and absolute discretion to Toronto; (ii) a two (2) -night hotel stay (one (1) standard room based on double occupancy) for the winner, hotel to be selected by prize-provider, (iii) two (2) tickets to the promotional screening of Ocean’s 8 in Toronto and to the post-screening reception on June 6, 2018; (iv) return limo service to screening & reception event from the hotel. The total ARV for the Prize is Two Thousand Dollars ($2000) (CAD), based on a Vancouver departure example. Actual retail value of Prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations. All travel arrangements must be made through the prize provider or its designee. Certain restrictions and black-out dates may apply. The Winner must travel as and when designated by the prize provider or the grand prize may be forfeited, and an alternate randomly selected winner chosen, time permitting. If the grand prize winner lives within 100 km of Toronto, as determined in the sole discretion of the prize provider, the prize will not include airfare, and no compensation will be provided in lieu thereof.
Prize Redemption Restrictions and Conditions: The grand prize winner and his or her travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and possess all required travel documents, if and as applicable. All aspects of the travel portions of the grand prize must be conducted at such times as determined by prize rovider in its sole and absolute discretion. The dates of departure and return and the destination city are subject to change at prize provider’s sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. The prize provider reserves the right to structure travel route and select hotels in its sole and absolute discretion. The winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the estimate made in these Official Rules. The round-trip air transportation element for the Prize begins and ends at the point of departure. The grand prize is subject to seat and hotel availability, as well as prize provider’s terms and conditions generally applicable thereto.
Neither contest organizer nor prize provider shall be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations.Contest organizer and prize provider are not liable for any missed prize events, opportunities or expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay or ground transportation delay.No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of contest organizer and prize provider.Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of prize notification.Winner and companion are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that contest organizer and prize provider have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance.The winner may be required to provide a credit card at the time of hotel check-in.Companion of winner must be at least nineteen years of age as of the date of departure.Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents.Once a travel companion is selected, he/she may not be substituted, except in prize provider’s sole and absolute discretion.Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this contest, and those set forth by prize provider transportation carrier(s) of choice.Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.All expenses not specifically mentioned herein, are not included as part of the grand prize package, and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including, but not limited to: hotel taxes, ground transportation in the destination city, travel insurance, room service, bag check fees, parking fees, laundry service, food, beverages (including alcoholic beverages), merchandise, souvenirs, telephone calls, tips, gratuities and service charges.Transportation carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply.Travel and lodging are subject to availability, and any changes made to either of these will be at the expense of the winner.If the winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the grand prize travel package due to illness, contest organizer and prize provider shall have the option of: (a) being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the Prize award; or (b) at prize provider’s sole and absolute discretion, extending the period during which the grand prize may be awarded for a period equal to the duration of the winner's disability or illness, in which case certain prize components may not be available.The winner must prove such disability by a doctor's certificate.
- Address of premiere/screening theatre will be provided by the prize provider a reasonable time prior to the premiere. The winner is advised to arrive at least one (1) hour prior to premiere/screening start time. No one will be admitted without a ticket or after the premiere/screening begins. If, for whatever reason, the premiere/screening of the film is cancelled or rescheduled after the tickets are ticketed, no compensation will be paid in lieu of any cancelled or rescheduled showing of the film. No responsibility is assumed by contest organizer or prize provider if movie premiere/screening is cancelled, rescheduled, delayed or postponed, in whole or in part. Unused tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
- Winner understands and agrees that contest organizer and prize provider have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove winner or his/her companion from any activity at any time if the winner’s or his/her companion’s behavior is at any point uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of contest organizer or prize provider or otherwise violates the policies of the prize provider, and, in such a case, the winner will remain solely responsible for all expenses related to the grand prize and responsible for the costs of removing him or her (or his/her companion) from use of the grand prize and any related damages, losses, or expenses.
- Two hundred (200) secondary winners will each receive:
- An admit-2 pass to see the promotional screening of Ocean’s 8 on Wednesday, June 6th, 2018 in Toronto, and invitation to attend the post-reception following the screening on the same evening.
- Approximate retail value of each secondary prize: $40
- Secondary prize winner’s guest must be 19 years or age or older. Address of screening theatre will be provided by the prize provider a reasonable time prior to the screening. Each secondary prize winner is advised to arrive at least one (1) hour prior to screening start time. The tickets to the screening are subject to the following limitations and restrictions: (i) Seating is on a first-come, first served basis; and (ii) No one will be admitted without a ticket or after the screening begins. If, for whatever reason, the screening of the film is cancelled or rescheduled after the tickets are ticketed, no compensation will be paid in lieu of any cancelled or rescheduled showing of the film. No responsibility is assumed by prize provider or contest organizer if movie screening is cancelled, rescheduled, delayed or postponed, in whole or in part. Unused tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged
- In the event a prize winner (and/or his or her companion(s) (if applicable)) engage in behaviour that (as determined by contest organizer or prize provider in its or their sole and absolute discretion) is obnoxious, inappropriate, or threatening, illegal or that is intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, contest organizer and/or prize provider Sponsor reserve the right to terminate the experience early.
The following conditions apply:
- The prizes are not exchangeable, and non-transferable; and
- The prizes have to be accepted as it is; and
- If a prize or a portion of it is not used, no compensation will be given.
- On May 31st, 2018 at 10:00:00, in Toronto, at the office of Groupe TVA inc., a random selection will be held from among all eligible entry forms registered in conformity with section 3, in order to attribute the prize described above. The first entrant drawn will be eligible to win the grand prize and the next two hundred entrants drawn will each be eligible to win a secondary prize.
- The odds of a participant’s entry form being randomly selected depend upon the number of eligible entry forms registered in conformity with the regulations and rules.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
- In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must:
- Have answered correctly the mathematical skill-testing question that appears on the entry form; and
- Be contacted by phone and/or email by the contest organizers within 24 hours following the random selection; and
- Sign the declaration and exemption form that will be given to him and return to the contest organizers within 24 hours; and
- Abide to all conditions related to the Prize;
After the declaration and exemption form is correctly filled out and signed, the contest organizers will contact the winner via email to determine how the Prize will be remitted.
- Failing to comply with one of the conditions stated in the section above or any of the conditions provided in these Contest Rules, the entry of the selected entrant will be cancelled without any liability to the contest organizers whatsoever, and a new draw for that prize will be held according to these Contest Rules until an entrant is selected and declared a winner, time-permitting.
- Verification. Entry forms are subject to verification by the contest organizers, and contest entrants agree to cooperate fully with contest organizers in such respect. Any entry form which is, as the case may be, incomplete, fraudulent, sent late, that does not bear the correct answer to the mathematical skill-testing question will automatically be rejected and will not give right to a prize, and contest organizers shall have no liability in such respect, or in respect of lost, misdirected of garbled communication, printing, prizing or distributor errors.
- Non-conforming entries. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person or cancel one or many entries of any person participating in this contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Contest Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants (e.g.: entries exceeding the permitted limit, computer hacking, etc.). Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities.
- Acceptance of prize. Any prize must be accepted as described in the present Contest Rules and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize nor exchanged in part or in whole for a sum of money, subject to what is stated in the following section. Prizes are accepted “as is” without any warranty whatsoever.
- Substitution of prize. In the event where, for reasons not related to the winners, the contest organizers cannot award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Contest Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of the same nature and of equivalent value or, at their sole discretion, the cash value of the prize (or part of the prize) as mentioned in these Contest Rules.
- Refusal to accept a prize. The refusal of a randomly selected person to accept a prize according to the terms and conditions of these Contest Rules releases the contest organizers of any obligation related to that prize towards that person.
- Liability – prize’s supplier. Each participant who is selected for a prize recognizes that upon reception of the confirmation of his status as the winner of the prize, the execution of the services in respect to the prize is the sole responsibility of the supplier of the prize, in this case, Groupe TVA inc. A declaration to this effect may be included in the declaration and exemption form.
- Liability limit – use of prize. Any selected person releases Québecor Média inc., Groupe TVA inc., Warner Bros. Entertainment Canada, Inc. and their respective parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any and all damages he/she may suffer from the acceptance or use of his/her prize. In order to be declared a winner, any selected person agrees, if required, prior to obtaining his/her prize, to sign a Declaration Form to such effect.Erreur ! Signet non défini.
- Liability limit – running of the contest. Québecor Média inc., Groupe TVA inc., and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or communication lines, relating to any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network that could limit the possibility or prevent any person from participating in this contest. Québecor Média inc., Groupe TVA inc., and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives also will not be held liable for any damages or loss that could arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any Internet page, any software or any form and by the transmission of any data regarding the participation in this contest.
- Modification. The contest organizer reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the contest as foreseen in these Contest Rules. In any case, the contest organizers, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, the prize provider, the suppliers of products or services related to this contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives cannot be held liable to award more prizes than those indicated in these Contest Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
- Impossibility to act – including labour dispute Québecor Média inc., Groupe TVA inc., and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where their incapacity to act would result from a fact or a situation beyond their control or a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their establishment or in establishments of organizations or enterprises which services are used for holding this contest.
- Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this contest releases the contest organizer, the prize provider, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and/or promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives, from any and all liability for damages which he/she could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this contest.
- Authorization. By entering this contest, any winner authorizes the contest organizers, their partners and their representatives to use, if required, his/her name, photograph, likeness, declaration related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without remuneration whatsoever and that, at their discretion and without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that will or may be pertinent.
- Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this contest except with those selected for a prize.
- Decisions of the contest organizers. All decisions of the contest organizers or those of their representatives regarding this contest are final and binding.
- Identification of the entrant. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the entry form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if he/she is selected and declared a winner.
- Precedence: If an article in this regulation were to be declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent authority, then this article would be considered null and non-written, but all other items would not be affected and would find application in limits and authorized by law
- Rules contest. This is the official regulations and rules for the contest Elle Canada « OCEAN’S 8 » contest.
- Personal information. The personal information collected on the participants of this contest are used only for the administration of the contest. No commercial communication or other, not linked to the contest, will be sent to the participants by the contest organizers except if the participants have authorized the contest organizers, and in the case of Warner Bros, it’s affiliates, to send such communication by checking the opt-in on the electronic entry form.
Ocean’s 8 © 2018 Warner Bros. Ent. All Rights Reserved