« WIN the TRIP of a LIFETIME to ECUADOR » Contest (“Contest”)
Rules & Regulations (“Rules”)
- The « WIN the TRIP of a LIFETIME to ECUADOR » is held by Les Publications Groupe TVA (“Canadian Living” or the “Contest Organizer”) in association with ME to WE Trips Inc. (“ME to WE”). The Contest runs online, from January 31st –at 9h00 ET to March 24th, 2019 at 23h59 ET (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
- This Contest is open to all persons residing in Canada of at least the age of majority in their province of residence. The following persons are excluded: employees, agents and representatives of ME to WE and the Contest Organizer or their respective parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, partners, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this Contest, or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest, or their brother, sister, children, mother, father, their legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled.
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase necessary. To participate in the Contest, enter by visiting Canadianliving.com/contests. Go to the « Contest » section and click on the « WIN the TRIP of a LIFETIME to ECUADOR » icon in order to register. After, you can fill in the electronic entry form.
Participants must respect the following limits, otherwise the Contest Organizer reserves the right to remove all of a person’s;
- Participants must not exceed one entry per person per day during the Contest Period;
- Participants must not register entries under the guise of more than one e-mail address.
- The Following Prize is offered:
One (1) ME to WE International Volunteer Trip to ME to WE’s Ecuador-Amazon destination (“Trip”) for each of (i) the successful entrant (“Winner”) and (ii) the Winner’s selected friend or family member (“Guest”)(the “Prize”).
The Winner and Guest must participate in the same Trip at the same time, during a period directed by ME to WE in its sole discretion (the “Trip Dates”). The Trip Dates may be subject to change no later than 90 days before departure.The Trip Dates will take place before December 19, 2019, but will not take place between July 1, 2019 and August 31, 2019.
The Prize includes all on the ground costs including accommodations in ME to WE facilities and/or alternate overnight accommodation as outlined specifically in the selected tour itinerary; select meals as outlined specifically in the selected tour itinerary; the shared services of a full-time ME to WE Facilitator for the duration of the tour; sightseeing tours as outlined specifically in the selected tour itinerary; visits to special attractions as outlined specifically in the selected tour itinerary; and transportation to and from all activities outlined specifically in the selected tour itinerary.
Approximate retail value of the Prize is US$10,000.
The Winner is responsible for ground transfers to and from the designated departure airport. If the Winner and Guest wish to fly independently of ME to WE to and from the destination airport for Ecuador-Amazon, ME to WE will provide a credit of up to CAD$1000 per person for return flights to and from Ecuador-Amazon.
All expenses not specified herein as expressly included are the sole responsibility of the Winner and Guest, including but not limited to: gratuities, optional excursions, tour extensions, expenses related to travel health clinic visits and associated inoculations, insurance, medical travel documents, passport and/or visa fees, baggage fees, and other personal expenses.
ME to WE makes no representations or warranties with respect to the Prize. No Global Rewards Points, frequent flyer miles, or travel rewards of any kind will be made available to the Winner.
The Winner and Guest, as a condition to acceptance of the Prize, must agree to comply with ME to WE’s standard trip rules, terms and conditions (available in advance upon demand – ).
The Prize cannot be substituted for cash or an alternative prize. The Prize is not transferrable. Prize will be awarded no later than thirty (30) days after the end of the Contest Period.
ME to WE reserves the right to (i) change or modify the selected trip dates, or (ii) prevent or restrict access to any included excursions, due to acts of God and/or unforeseen circumstances including weather conditions, political events, regional instability, event cancellations, strikes, lockouts, labour disturbances or other events beyond ME to WE's reasonable control (a "Force Majeure").
Should a Force Majeure cause cancellation of the selected trip, ME to WE make its best efforts to reschedule the Trip Dates, but shall have no obligation to deliver the Prize if, in its sole discretion, such rescheduling is not possible.
- The Winner will be selected by a random draw from all eligible entries received.
On March 25th, 2019 in Toronto, at the office of Canadian Living the selection of the Winner will occur, taken from all eligible entry forms registered in conformity with section 3, in order to attribute the Prize described above.
The odds of a participant’s entry form being selected depend upon the number of eligible entry forms registered in conformity with the regulations and rules.
In order to be declared the Winner, the participant must (i) be contacted by a Canadian Living representative, (ii) abide to all conditions related to the Contest, (iii) read and accept the Canadian Living Contest Rules as described herein, (iv) read, accept, and sign a Contest-related release form, (v) read, accept, and sign the ME to WE’s standard Trip terms and conditions, (vi) ensure their Guest reads, accepts, and signs the ME to WE’s standard Trip terms and conditions, and (vii) independently answer a skill-testing question provided by the Contest Organizer.
Failing to comply with one of the conditions stated in the section above or any of the conditions provided in these Canadian Living Contest Rules, will cause the entry of the finalist will be cancelled without any liability to the Contest Organizer or ME to WE whatsoever.
- Verification. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizer, and participants agree to cooperate fully with Contest Organizer in such respect. Any entries which are, as the case may be, incomplete, fraudulent, sent late, that does not bear the correct information will be rejected and will not be considered in the Contest and Contest Organizer shall have no liability in such respect, or in respect of lost, misdirected of garbled communication, printing, prizing or distributor errors.
- Non-conforming entries. The Contest Organizer reserve the right to disqualify any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other participants (e.g.: computer hacking, fake pictures/video etc.). Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities. Furthermore, Contest Organizer, at their sole discretion, may subtract general votes from the public that are casted in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants.
- Acceptance. Any Prize must be accepted as described in the present Rules and as described in further descriptions provided by Contest Organizer and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize nor exchanged in part. Prize is accepted “as is” without any warranty whatsoever.
- Substitution. In the event where, for reasons not related to the finalists, the Contest Organizer or ME to WE cannot award the Prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of the same or equivalent nature at their sole discretion.
- Refusal to accept a prize. The refusal of a participant to accept the Prize or an alternative prize according to the terms and conditions of these Rules releases the Contest Organizer and ME to WE of any obligation towards that participant related to that Prize or alternative prize.
- Liability – prize’s supplier. A participant who is selected for a Prize recognizes that upon reception of the confirmation of his status as the winner of the Prize, the execution of the services in respect to the Prize is the sole responsibility of the supplier of the Prize, in this case, ME to WE.
- Liability limit – use of prize. Any participant releases TVA PUBLICATIONS INC., the Contest Organizer, ME to WE, and their respective parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any and all damages that such participant may suffer from the acceptance or use of the Prize. In order to be declared a winner, any finalist agrees, if required, prior to obtaining the Prize, to sign a declaration form to such effect.Erreur ! Signet non défini.
- Liability limit – running of the Contest. TVA Publications Inc., the Contest Organizer, ME to WE, and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or communication lines, relating to any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network that could limit the possibility or prevent any person from participating in this Contest and/or cast their votes. TVA Publications Inc., the Contest Organizer, ME to WE and their respective parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives also will not be held liable for any damages or loss that could arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any Internet page, any software or any form and by the transmission of any data regarding the participation in this Contest and the casting of the votes.
- Modification. The Contest Organizer reserve the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and the Rules, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as foreseen in these Rules. In any case, the Contest Organizer, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this Contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives cannot be held liable to award more prizes than those indicated in these Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules.
- Impossibility to act – including labour dispute TVA Publications Inc., the Contest Organizer, ME to WE, and their respective parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where their incapacity to act would result from a fact or a situation beyond their control or a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their establishment or in establishments of organizations or enterprises which services are used for holding this Contest.
- Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Contest Organizer, ME to WE, and their respective parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and/or promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives, from any and all liability for damages which such participant could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
- Authorization. By entering this Contest, any winner authorizes the Contest Organizer, ME to WE and their respective partners and their representatives to use, if required, such participant’s name, photograph, likeness, declaration related to the Prize, place of residence and/or voice without remuneration whatsoever and that, at their discretion and without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that will or may be pertinent.
- Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest except as stated in the Rules or as required to deliver the Prize.
- Decisions of the Contest Organizer. To the fullest extent allowed under the applicable laws, all decisions of the Contest Organizer or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
- Identification of the participant. For the purposes of these Rules, the participant is the person who appears on the entry form and it is to this person to whom the Prize will be awarded if selected and declared the winner.
- Precedence. If an article in these Rules were to be declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent authority, then this article would be considered null and non-written, but all other items would not be affected and would find application in limits and authorized by the applicable law.
- Rules Contest. This is the official regulations and rules for the Contest « WIN the TRIP of a LIFETIME to ECUADOR » The Rules are available on Canadian Living Website and upon demand.
- Non-affiliation. This Contest is not affiliated or sponsored by Instagram or Facebook.
- Personal information. The personal information collected on the participants of this Contest are used only for the administration of the Contest and delivery of the Prize. No commercial communication or other, not linked to the Contest, will be sent to the participants by the Contest Organizer or ME to WE except if the participants have authorized the Contest Organizer or ME to WE to send such communication through an opt-in or as allowed in the present Rules.