« Win a trip to Costa Rica for you and a friend with G Adventures »
- The « Win a trip to Costa Rica for you and a Friend » is held by Les Publications Groupe TVA (Canadian Living) and G Adventures. Les Publications Groupe TVA (Canadian Living) and G Adventures are collectively hereinafter named: the “Contest Organizers”. The contest runs online, from December 3rd at 10h00 to February 17th, 2019 at 23h59 EST (hereinafter: the “Contest Period”).
- This Contest is open to all persons residing in Canada of at least the age of majority in their province of residence. Participant can’t be under any modelling contract when entering the Contest. The following persons are excluded: employees, agents and representatives of Québecor Média inc., of Contest Organizers’, G Adventures, of their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, partners, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this Contest, or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest, or their brother, sister, children, mother, father, their legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled.
HOW TO ENTER
- No purchase necessary. To participate in the contest, you simply have to enter the contest by visiting CanadianLiving.com/costarica. Go to the « Contest » section and click on the « Win a trip to Costa Rica for you and a Friend » icon in order to register. After, you can fill in the electronic entry form.
Entrants must respect the following limits, otherwise the contest organizers reserve the right to cancel one or several of their entries:
- One participation per person per day during the contest period;
- A person cannot register more than one e-mail address per person, in the case where a person has more than one;
- A person entering more than once a day or using multiple email addresses will be automatically removed from the ballot list;
- The Following Prize is offered:
8-day/7-night Wellness Costa Rica tour for two from G Adventures
PRIZE/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (“ARV”)/ODDS: one (1) potential grand prize winner will be awarded a trip for one (1) winner and one (1) guest on the following G Adventures tour:
- G Adventures eight-day Wellness Costa Rica (trip code: CRSSW) approximate retail value $2,199 CAD per person.
- This prize includes two (2) round trip economy class airfare tickets up to the aggregate value of CAD $4,000 total, including all taxes and fees levied by the airline on the tickets on the routes.
Trip must be booked by May 31, 2019 and depart by July 31, 2019.
Prize valued at: $8, 398 CAD
Tour: Winner will receive two (2) free places on guaranteed departures of “Wellness Costa Rica” trip (CRSSW) (no substitutions) (ARV:$8,398 including flights)
departing before July 31, 2019 and booked before May 31, 2019 AT 23:59 EST,
provided that a minimum of four paying passengers are confirmed on such departure (to be confirmed with G Adventures by the Winner at time of booking). Winner must be 18 or older to claim the prize. Prize applies to the listed itinerary only and excludes optional or additional services such as any airfare not expressly included in the itinerary or prize, transfers, pre/post-tour accommodation, “My Own Room”, insurance, amendments, and all incidentals, meals, gratuities, taxes, fees, levies, and transportation not expressly included in the itinerary. Winner and guest must travel on same departure and same trip.
Flights: This prize includes two (2) round trip economy class airfare tickets up to the aggregate value of CAD $4,000 including all taxes and fees levied by the airline on the tickets on the route. The airfare component of the prize has a MAXIMUM value of CAD$4,000 total, which may vary based on airline fluctuations and the Winner’s place of residence. Any airfare or transportation costs in excess of the CAD $4,000, including transportation to the airport, are the responsibility of the Winner and his/her guest.
With respect to the Airfare component of the prize:
Travel blackout periods may apply.
Space is subject to availability at time of booking.
Once your ticket has been issued, the origin and destination can’t be
changed. However, a change to the flight time, and/or travel date is permitted. A change fee per ticket may apply.
Ticket is not transferable, not refundable and not redeemable for cash.
Frequent flyer mileage accumulation is not permitted.
The use of e-upgrade certificates is not permitted.
Stopovers are not permitted.
Promotional pass recipients may be held liable to the airline for failure to adhere to the restrictions and conditions of travel applicable to their tickets or for the fraudulent use of those tickets.
The airfare ticket(s) is for one-time use only, and only for the winner’s and guest’s personal use. It may not be distributed or sold, or otherwise used for commercial or personal gain, other than for the purpose for which it is intended.
G Adventures reserves the right to modify or cancel the airfare component of the prize at their discretion. Any violation of these conditions may be subject to cancellation of the airfare component of the prize, of any booking made using the airfare component of the prize, and/or to any legal or other recourse available for the recovery of damages suffered or costs, expenses or loss incurred as a result of such prohibited use.
Prizes: i) are subject to availability, ii) are valid on new bookings only, iii) may not be
combined with any other offer or discount, iv) have no cash value, v) are not transferrable, vi) are not eligible for “Lifetime Deposit” nor “Guaranteed Departure”, and
vii) cannot be exchanged by the Winner.
Winner must contact G Adventures directly by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by February 28, 2019 to submit their declaration forms. Winner must contact G Adventures no later than May 31, 2019 to book their prize trip, and G Adventures must agree to the chosen departure dates. Passport, visa, and vaccination procurement and costs are the sole responsibility of the winner. Prize is subject to the Winner agreeing to G Adventures’ booking terms and conditions, found here: gadventures.com/terms-conditions-policies/.
Please note that mandatory medical insurance, at the cost of the Winner and their guest, is required for participation, in an amount no less than USD$200,000 and covering medical, evacuation, and repatriation while travelling.
The winner and his/her guest are responsible for all incidentals, meals, gratuities,
transportation throughout the duration of the trip that is not expressly included in the
cost of the itinerary, the cost of travel to the closest point of air departure, the cost of
obtaining a passport or visa or other photo identification, or any additional activities the
Participant elects to engage in outside of what is provided by G Adventures as part of
the standard tour itinerary.
All Participants who accept a prize acknowledge and agree that they are responsible to
ensure their eligibility to travel internationally, if applicable, their proper and lawful
eligibility to enter the country or region where the prize trip will be held, and to re-enter
their country of resident, and represent and warrant to G Adventures that they possess
or are able to procure a valid passport for the duration of the trip, if necessary,
according to current international travel law. Passport and visa procurements will be the sole responsibility and for the sole account of the winning Participants and their guests. If a Participant is unable to attend their prize Tour due to passport, entry or other legal or regulatory restrictions, they shall be deemed to have forfeited their entry into the competition and G Adventures shall not be liable for any damages resulting from such inability to attend. The winner and their guest are responsible for any surcharges or service charges if applicable.
The G Adventures Booking Terms and Conditions, which can be found on the G
Adventures website, (www.gadventures.com/terms-conditions-policies/. ) will apply to
the Tour and the Winner and their guest agree by accepting the prize Tour that they will
be bound by such Terms and Conditions.
Once the trip is confirmed, the winner may not change the departure date. The winner
and guest must travel on the same Tour itinerary on the same dates. G Adventures
reserves the right to approve any travel dates. G Adventures is not responsible for any
travel related delays or cancellations.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied
by G Adventures. The winner is responsible for the reporting and payment of all taxes (if any) as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of
prize not specified herein as being awarded.
G Adventures (and any Contest partners) expressly disclaim any responsibility and
Participants agree to indemnify and hold harmless G Adventures and any Contest
partners from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Contest (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded.
The following conditions apply:
- The prize is not exchangeable and non-transferable;
- The prize has to be accepted as it is;
- If the prize or a portion of it is not used, no compensation will be given.
- Dates are subject to changes.
- Winner is responsible for transportation to and from their house to the nearest
On February 19th, 2019 in Toronto, at the office of Canadian Living the selection of the winner will be held among all eligible entry forms registered in conformity with section 3, in order to attribute the prize described above.
The odds of a participant’s entry form being selected depend upon the number of eligible entry forms registered in conformity with the regulations and rules.
In order to be declared the winner, you must abide to all conditions related to the Contest. Finalists are not official until they are contacted by a Canadian Living representative. All finalists need to read and accept rules plus sign a release form to be considered in the Contest and eventually to be declared winner.
Failing to comply with one of the conditions stated in the section above or any of the conditions provided in these Canadian Living Contest Rules, the entry of the finalist will be cancelled without any liability to the Contest Organizers whatsoever, (provided such winner complies with these Canadian Living Contest Rules).
- Verification. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers, and participants agree to cooperate fully with Contest Organizers in such respect. Any entries which are, as the case may be, incomplete, fraudulent, sent late, that does not bear the correct information will be rejected and will not be considered in the Contest and Contest Organizers shall have no liability in such respect, or in respect of lost, misdirected of garbled communication, printing, prizing or distributor errors.
- Non-conforming entries. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person participating in this Contest or trying to participate by means contrary to these Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other participants (e.g.: computer hacking, fake pictures/video etc.). Such person may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities. Furthermore, Contest Organizers, at their sole discretion, may subtract general votes from the public that are casted in a manner which is unfair to the other entrants.
- Acceptance. Any prize must be accepted as described in the present Rules and as described in further descriptions provided by Contest Organizers and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize nor exchanged in part. Prize is accepted “as is” without any warranty whatsoever.
- Substitution. In the event where, for reasons not related to the finalists, the Contest Organizers cannot award a prize (or part of a prize) as described in these Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or part of a prize) of the same or equivalent nature at their sole discretion.
- Refusal to accept a prize. The refusal of a participant to accept a prize according to the terms and conditions of these Rules releases the Contest Organizers of any obligation related to that prize towards that participant.
- Liability – prize’s supplier. A participant who is selected for a prize recognizes that upon reception of the confirmation of his status as the winner of the prize, the execution of the services in respect to the prize is the sole responsibility of the supplier of the prize, in this case, G Adventures.
- Liability limit – use of prize. Any participant releases Québecor Média inc., the Contest Organizers and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives from any and all liability for any and all damages that such participant may suffer from the acceptance or use of the prize. In order to be declared a winner, any finalist agrees, if required, prior to obtaining the prize, to sign a declaration form to such effect.Erreur ! Signet non défini.
- Liability limit – running of the Contest. Québecor Média inc., the Contest Organizers and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or communication lines, relating to any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network that could limit the possibility or prevent any person from participating in this Contest and/or cast their votes. Québecor Média inc., the Contest Organizers and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives also will not be held liable for any damages or loss that could arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any Internet page, any software or any form and by the transmission of any data regarding the participation in this Contest and the casting of the votes.
- Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest and the Rules, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as foreseen in these Rules. In any case, the Contest Organizers, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this Contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives cannot be held liable to award more prizes than those indicated in these Rules or to award prizes otherwise than in compliance with these Rules.
- Impossibility to act – including labour dispute Québecor Média inc., the Contest Organizers and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where their incapacity to act would result from a fact or a situation beyond their control or a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their establishment or in establishments of organizations or enterprises which services are used for holding this Contest.
- Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Contest Organizers, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and/or promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives, from any and all liability for damages which such participant could suffer from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
- Authorization. By entering this Contest, any winner authorizes the Contest Organizers, their partners and their representatives to use, if required, such participant’s name, photograph, likeness, declaration related to the prize, place of residence and/or voice without remuneration whatsoever and that, at their discretion and without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that will or may be pertinent.
- Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants in the context of this Contest except as stated in the Rules.
- Decisions of the Contest Organizers. To the fullest extent allowed under the applicable laws, all decisions of the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding.
- Identification of the participant. For the purposes of these Rules, the participant is the person who appears on the entry form and it is to this person to whom the prize will be awarded if selected and declared the winner.
- Precedence. If an article in these Rules were to be declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent authority, then this article would be considered null and non-written, but all other items would not be affected and would find application in limits and authorized by the applicable law.
- Rules Contest. This is the official regulations and rules for the Contest « Win a trip to Costa Rica for you and a Friend » The Contest Rules are available on Canadian Living Website and upon demand.
- Non-affiliation. This Contest is not affiliated or sponsored by Instagram or Facebook.
- Personal information. The personal information collected on the participants of this Contest are used only for the administration of the Contest. No commercial communication or other, not linked to the Contest, will be sent to the participants by the Contest Organizers except if the participants have authorized the Contest Organizers to send such communication through an opt-in or as allowed in the present Rules.