“SwimCo Summer” CONTEST
Rules and regulations
- The “SwimCo Summer” contest (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest”) is held by Les Publications Groupe TVA (Canadian Living) and SwimCo (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Organizers”). The Contest runs online, from June 5, 2019 at 10:00 A.M. to August 7, 2019 at 11:59 P.M. EST (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Period”).
- The Contest is open to all persons residing in Canada who have reached the age of majority in their respective province of residence. Participants cannot be under any modelling contract when entering the Contest. The following persons are excluded from entering the Contest: employees, agents and representatives of Québecor Média inc., of Contest Organizers’, SwimCo, of their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, partners, suppliers of prizes, materials and services related to this Contest, or any other party directly linked to the holding of this Contest, or their brother, sister, children, mother, father, their legal or common-law spouse and individuals with whom such employees, agents and representatives are domiciled.
HOW TO ENTER – REGISTRATION
- NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To enter the Contest, participants must go to: CanadianLiving.com/contests. Next, they must go to the “Contest” section and click on the “SwimCo Summer” icon to gain access to the electronic entry form.
- Once participants have accessed the electronic entry form in the manner mentioned herein, they must complete it with the following information: first name, last name, address, and telephone number where they can be reached between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. on weekdays. Next, they must click on the “Submit” icon. Entry forms must be submitted no later than August 7, 2019 at 11:59 P.M. Upon receipt of the confirmation message of their registration, participants will automatically be entered in the Contest.
- Participants must respect the following limits, otherwise the Contest Organizers reserve the right to cancel one or several of their entries:
- One participation per person per day during the Contest Period;
- One e-mail address per person;
- A person entering more than once a day or using multiple email addresses will be automatically removed from the ballot list;
- The following prize is offered:
Grand prize (hereinafter referred to as the Prize): One (1) grand prize winner will be awarded: a $1,000 Swimwear SwimCo wardrobe
Total value: $1,000.
- The following conditions apply:
Grand prize: The Prize is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged. The Prize has to be accepted as is. If the Prize, or a portion of it, is not used, no compensation will be given. In the event the Prize is delivered by mail, the Contest Organizers are not responsible for late delivery, loss or theft of the Prize, including from time to time and as part of its delivery.
- On August 8, 2019, in Toronto, at the office of Groupe TVA inc., a random draw will be held among all eligible entries registered in conformity with section 3, in order to attribute the Prize described above.
The odds of a participant’s entry being selected depend upon the number of eligible entries registered in conformity with the rules and regulations.
HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE
- In order to be declared a winner, each selected entrant must:
- Have correctly answered the mathematical skill-testing question that appears on the release form; and
- Be reachable by phone and/or email within three (3) days following the selection; and
- Sign the declaration and exemption form that will be given to them and return it to the Contest Organizers within 5 days; and
- Abide to all conditions related to the Prize.
- Failing to comply with one of the conditions stated in the section above, or any of the conditions provided in these Contest Rules, the entry of the selected participant will be cancelled without any liability to the Contest Organizers whatsoever, and a new draw for the Prize will be held according to these Contest Rules until a valid entrant is selected and declared a winner.
- After the declaration and exemption form is correctly filled out and signed, the Contest Organizers will contact the winner to determine how the Prize will be remitted (by mail or in-person delivery).
- Verification. Entries are subject to verification by the Contest Organizers, and participants agree to cooperate fully with Contest Organizers in such respect. Any entries which are, as the case may be, incomplete, fraudulent, sent late, or do not bear the correct information will be rejected and the Contest Organizers shall have no liability in such respect, or in respect of lost, misdirected or garbled communication, printing, prizing or distributor errors.
- Non-conforming entries. The Contest Organizers reserve the right to disqualify any person participating in this Contest, or trying to participate, by means contrary to these Rules or in a manner which is unfair to the other participants (e.g.: computer hacking, fake pictures/video etc.). Such individuals may be referred to the appropriate judicial authorities. Furthermore, Contest Organizers, at their sole discretion, may subtract general votes from the public that are casted in a manner that is unfair to the other entrants.
- Acceptance. Any Prize must be accepted as described in the present Rules and as described in further descriptions provided by the Contest Organizers and cannot be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize, nor exchanged in part or in whole. The Prize is accepted “as is” without any warranty whatsoever.
- Substitution. In the event that, for reasons unrelated to a winner, the Contest Organizers cannot award the Prize (or a portion of the Prize) as described in these Rules, they reserve the right to award a prize (or a portion of a prize) of the same kind and value or, at their sole discretion, the value of the Prize (or portion of the Prize) indicated in the cash settlement.
- Refusal to accept the Prize. The refusal of a participant to accept the Prize according to the terms and conditions stipulated in these Rules releases the Contest Organizers of any obligation related to the Prize towards that participant.
- Liability limit – Use of Prize. All participants release Publications Groupe TVA (Canadian Living) and SwimCo, the Contest Organizers and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives, from any and all liability for any and all damages that a participants may suffer from the acceptance or use of the Prize. In order to be declared a winner, any finalist agrees, if required, prior to obtaining the Prize, to sign a declaration form to such effect.
- Liability – Prize supplier. A participant who is selected for the Prize recognizes that upon reception of the confirmation of their status as the winner of the Prize, the execution of the services in respect to the Prize is the sole responsibility of the supplier of the Prize, in this case, SwimCo.
- Liability limit – running of the Contest. The Contest Organizers and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives are not liable for faulty computer components, software, or communication lines, relating to any transmission that is faulty, incomplete, incomprehensible or erased by any computer or network that could limit the possibility or prevent any person from participating in this Contest and/or cast their votes. The Contest Organizers and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives are also not liable for any damages or loss that could arise, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from downloading any Internet page, any software or any form, and by the transmission of any data regarding the participation in this Contest and the casting of the votes.
- Modification. The Contest Organizers reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, in the case of the occurrence of an event, an error or any human intervention that could corrupt or affect the administration, safety, impartiality or the running of the Contest as foreseen in these Contest Rules, subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec, if required. In any case, the Contest Organizers, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, the suppliers of products or services related to this Contest as well as their employees, agents and representatives cannot be held liable to award more prizes than those indicated in these Contest Rules or to award prizes other than in compliance with these Contest Rules.
- Impossibility to act – including labour dispute. Québecor Média inc., Groupe TVA inc., and their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives will not assume any liability whatsoever in any case where their incapacity to act would result from a fact or a situation beyond their control or a strike, lock-out or any other labour dispute in their establishment or in establishments of organizations or enterprises whose services are used for holding this Contest.
- Liability limit– participation. Any person who participates or tries to participate in this Contest releases the Contest Organizers, their parent and affiliated companies, their advertising and/or promotional agencies, their employees, agents and representatives, from any and all liability for damages which they could suffer as a result from participating or trying to participate in this Contest.
- Authorization. By entering this Contest, any winner authorizes the Contest Organizers, their partners and their representatives to use, if required, their name, photograph, likeness, declaration related to the Prize, place of residence and/or voice without remuneration whatsoever and that, at their discretion and without limit as for the period of use, in any media and on a worldwide scale, for publicity purposes or for any purpose that will or may be pertinent.
- Communication with entrants. No communication or correspondence will be exchanged between entrants in the context of this Contest, except those selected for the Prize.
- Decisions of the Contest Organizers. All decisions made by the Contest Organizers or those of their representatives regarding this Contest are final and binding, subject to any decision by the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux du Québec in relation to matters under its jurisdiction.
- Litigation. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Identification of the entrant. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, the entrant is the person whose name appears on the randomly drawn entry form, and it is to this person to whom the Prize will be awarded if their entry form is selected and declared a winner.
- Precedence. If an article in this regulation were to be declared or deemed illegal, unenforceable or invalid by a competent authority, then this article would be considered null and non-written, but all other items would not be affected and would find application in limits and authorized by law.
- Contest rules. Official rules and regulations for the Contest can be found here: URL
- Non affiliation. This Contest is not affiliated with, or sponsored by Facebook.
- Personal information. The personal information collected on the participants during this Contest are used only for the administration of the Contest. No commercial communications, other than those linked to the Contest, will be sent to the participants by the Contest Organizers.